August 23, 2008

I shall be released.....

It's been a wildly, stagnant week, with work and not much else.... Absolutely nothing is going on, neither here nor there...!!!

 The only highlight, has to be; "8 1/2" by Fellini (1963) for 20,-  Kr (= 4 $ / 3 € ) at the local "Tiger" shop (Danish dime stores)

Or maybe the dinner at my daughter Ninon's Godparents. Got to show off my vacation pics and having the luxury of being served a nice, home cooked and (not least) WARM dinner - Don't get around to cook, that much these days...! I have this thesis; That when single; it's mostly the guys who cook for themselves.. Women cook for "others"...
PS: I have ordered postcards made from my best pics... Can't wait to see them....

Another high light ; Tonight it's "Gilda" (1946) on TV... Ah, Rita Hayworth, that pretty, troubled and very sensual  redhead...

 - Last week it was my all time favorite Howard Hawks flick; "Only Angels have wings" (1939) A small, neglected masterpiece; Macho Cary Grant in his great Pilot gear and Jean Arthur as a quick witted showgirl with a heart of gold. The plot is about their improbable love affair, with racy overtones.
But it's also about male bonding in the South American jungle and the freedom of men. 

A mountain "look out" with only a donkey for company and a German partner with funny language mistakes.( Reminds me of the old German couple learning English in "Casablanca; "How much watch? "" Oh, such much watch?!")
 They're is just two of the many memorable characters in this movie. Oh, and not least; A very young Rita Hayworth in a small supporting role as "Femme fatale" turned good by real love... 


                                                                                                      

Maybe my week hasn't been all that, but with the money I make...; My wish and dream might come true... And will make my bank man, a happy bank man, in the process..!!!!

No comments: