June 21, 2008

Wearing my heart on the sleeve..

I'm now off the Islands and took a looooong ride first to Pakse in a "Jumbo" with almost only foreigners and some cases of fish and a couple of baskets of live chicken on the roof... oh, and the Danish girl, I met on the bus from Phom Penh to Siam Reap.... Which now seem like ages ago!
Then on the "bus station" in Pakse, changed to a "real" bus, that would pass by Tat Lo... The bus station being a big mud hole of a place, with a hundred small stalls selling everything under the blaring sun... From second hand clothes, neatly washed and ironed, hung up and sold, food, lots of food...Even a old man with his wagon- stall; selling old toys in dusty plastic bags, belts with watches as belt buckles or old 3D images( Remember those?) of Japanese superheroes !....Think I might get one of those on the way back!
Sat and waited for 3 hrs in a very hot bus, thank God for my fan, and when it finally was full of people, live fish in plastic bags, live geese and ducks and what have you... We set off...
I was unloaded at the bridge, 2km from Tad Lo... which is a small village at a very nice waterfall-
After a gruffly journey trekking up to a guesthouse overlooking the waterfall and the basin, where women,men, kids and animals were washing themselves and their bodies in the stream and the last rays of sunlight...
Got myself a hot shower( Jubiiiii!) and fell asleep at about 7...... and slept til 5:30 this morning... Such bliss and quiet...

Random thoughts:
I must have lost my social skills over the last few years.. Have a hard time of striking up conversations... And when I do manage, I seem to loose interest quiet fast... But seeing everyone else is going in twos and gangs... Make me feel lonely... But somehow, my age render me invisible and when not, these particular dates of the year, makes me carry my sorrows and tears on my sleeve...
I've just reread: The Poisonwood Bible", By B. Kingsolver (Got it in Viet Nam) And I cried the whole way through... So there... I'll stay here for a couple of days in my bamboo-palm hut with outside toilet/ bucket- shower... Read a book, bathe in the river and then go back to Pakse... Take a nightbus to Vientienne (The capital of Laos) Where you'll hear from me again... Hopefully in a better mood - And with some photos to show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kæreste Madame Gabi
er med dig på bloggen, i tankerne og i hjertet
Kærligt lys og store kram til dig
Tatjana.

Anonymous said...

Ciao hvornår kommer du hjem ?? knuzz fra din sis ...