June 6, 2008

Not "Stretched out in room 1009" - but in room 303....




Wow...Flew in at midday from my nice little coconut island retreat.. And smack into the totally confusing, surrealistic metropolis called Saigon..aka HoChiMin City... Been wandering about, up and down the big boulevards, the small side streets...And yes its still Vietnam...Me thinks... Have lodged into the nondescript Hotel Indochine...Could be anywhere in the world, no windows, 30 tv-channels, Air Con and a tub! - But as soon you've come out from the isolation of my room 303 (Even it was a bit hard, to tear myself away from the Major league Baseball game ( Toronto Bluejays Vs. The NY Yankees!!) and taken a slow ride in the ancient elevator to the lobby, I'm convinced I'm i Vietnam: There's a scooter parked right next to the breakfast tables and there's this overpowering smell of fish sauce and slowly rotting food..

Got my self a map, not that it helps... I've been lost a few times, not that it matters... Coming in from the airport, gave me a tast of innercity traffic; Saigon style! I was driven in a really old sedan with the classical radio-station on full blast... weaving in and out of the traffic, which is absolutely CRAZY!!!!.... I'll try to upload some fotos tomorrow, before I'll meet up with a resident friend and watch the Cricket testmatch between England and New Zealand ....!?!? Not I have a clue as to what cricket is all about - but I'll sure give it a try...

No comments: